The McLeod For Tomorrow program invests in the assets of McLeod County: our people. Participating in the program has shown to increase community involvement, awareness of what is available in McLeod County, and improve career advancement. How McLeod For Tomorrow Contributes to the McLeod County Economy. In addition to investment into the McLeod County Economy, the tangible benefits of the program are vast. But don’t just take our word from it, read alumni testimonials to learn more about how the program impacted their lives.
- “The U of MN Extension leadership training provided great skills that can be utilized daily. The tours of local businesses around the county were also very interesting and showed the variety of work done in the area.”
- “After that first class, I was eager to go to the second.”
- “I actually learned a lot about myself.”
- “I’m excited to take these leadership skills back with me.”
- “We’re very lucky here in McLeod County to be able to have access to a program like this.”
- “The teaching was top notch.”
At MFT, leadership is contagious. We offer solid education from the University of Minnesota Extension, networking opportunities, and help increase awareness of McLeod County Resources. Over the years, MFT has seen alumni receive promotions, get more involved, run for public office, and just feel more aware of their personal talents. Many employers will pay for the tuition cost of attending the program, encouraging employees to grow their skills.
Our leadership program provides high-quality professional development at a very reasonable cost. Build your team’s interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence, conflict resolution and understanding of the county and communities where they live and work – encourage someone from your team to apply today!
This is your chance to gain an in-depth understanding of your personal leadership style and how to work with others more effectively. Through the McLeod For Tomorrow Leadership Program, you will develop a base of leadership knowledge and skills including effective communication, facilitation and conflict management. It’s also a great opportunity to build personal and professional networks with community leaders and organizations throughout the county. As a program participant, you’ll develop an awareness of your personal strengths, and better understand your own ethics and values. Plus, you get to take exclusive tours, meet new people and have fun! Fill out an application for the next cohort.
The qualifications for the program are that participants live or work in McLeod County. No specific level of position, education, experience, age, or industry is required. We do especially love to have people who are interested in learning, involved in the community and/or wanting to dive deeper into the county and their own leadership abilities. MFT sees leaders as change makers, not just managers or C level executives. Leadership development is important for anyone interested in expanding their skills.
This program has given me so many new tools to use not only at work but also in my personal life
Registrations are being accepted from May 1- July 15th, 2023
Program Tuition: $600Apply Today
Typical session runs 8:15 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and is most often on the Second Thursday of the month. Additionally, we have one half day reserved for a civic project.
Previously, we had specific communities assigned to different program days. With the changes to the U of M leadership development education structure, the locations are not determined yet. The dates are set, and the time will stay similar.
- Sept. 14, 2023 – Hutchinson – Cross County day
- Oct. 12, 2023 – McLeod County day
- Nov. 9, 2023 – Meeker – Cross County Day
- Dec. 14, 2023 – McLeod County Day
- Jan. 11, 2024 – McLeod County Day
- Feb. 8, 2024 – Glencoe – Cross County Day
- March 14, 2024 – McLeod County Day
- April 11, 2024 – Meeker – Cross County Day
- May 2, 2024 – Civic Project (Equul Access — Hutchinson)
- May 16, 2024 – McLeod County final Program Day
- May 16, 2023 – Graduation Event (begins after session)
Preparing to Attend MFT’s Leadership Program
Preparation for program attendance is simple: Bring a positive attitude, a notepad and pen, comfortable clothes and closed toe shoes. Any other preparations for the day, will be communicated with you in advance.
If you have any questions about the program or want to learn more, Contact Us