So You’re Attending the Leadership Program, Now What?
It’s back to school time for learners everywhere. This means it is almost time to send community members through the leadership program. Maybe you’ve heard your coworkers or your boss talk extensively about McLeod For Tomorrow, maybe you just found out about us. Either way, you might be wondering how to prepare to attend your first day.
Before the Day Starts
- The dress code for the leadership program is casual to business casual. Wear what you will feel professional and comfortable in.
- When it comes to footwear, it is always best to err on the side of caution by wearing closed-toe shoes. On our tours we may go inside of buildings requiring close-toed shoes, we may be outdoors, and the day may require a reasonable amount of time on your feet. It is suggested you wear comfortable, close-toed shoes.
- Snacks, meals, and drinks will be provided. Feel free to bring your own water bottle or other beverage if you’d like, or notify the program coordinator of any special requests or accommodations necessary.
- Special parking instructions (if applicable) will be provided a week or two prior to the program day each month.
- Absences or potential absences should be reported to the program coordinator as soon as possible.
- We will provide everything you need for the day, but please come ready to learn and network!
Attending the Leadership Program
The September leadership program starts at 9 am, but please plan to attend between 8 and 8:25 am.
This is very important as day 1 has some preparation steps involved. You may have some forms to sign if you didn’t send them in prior to the first day of class. Your picture will need to be taken for this years directory. You’ll also get the opportunity to meet the rest of your class.
Most importantly, we will have coffee and breakfast available while we get acquainted with one another.
By the End of the Day
Be prepared to enjoy yourself, learn many new things, and make a lot of new connections. Our alumni echo the statement that attending the leadership program was “awesome” and “a great experience.”
We know you’ll enjoy it too.
We are so excited to meet you and thanks for being a part of our program!
Not Currently Signed Up To Attend?
If this sounds like something you’d like to be apart of, but you haven’t yet, feel free to Apply Today! And we will hold your application for next year’s program.